What time of day is it best to drink water?
- It is important to drink water throughout the day. However, there are specific times of the day when water consumption maximizes its effectiveness in our body.
1) Drinking a glass of water every morning, after waking up and on an empty stomach, helps:
- cleanse the colon, which contributes to a more efficient absorption of nutrients by the body
- eliminate toxins
- enhance production of new cells
- stimulate metabolism
- weight loss
- activation of internal organs
- improvement of the lymphatic system
Tip: The combination of hot water with lemon every morning offers significant benefits to the blood, stomach and skin.
2) A glass of water 30’ before each meal:
- is beneficial for digestion
- helps with weight loss, as it gives the feeling of satiety and we consume less food
Tip: Avoid drinking water during or immediately after a meal to facilitate digestion and allow your body to absorb nutrients from food.
3) Drinking water before bed contributes to:
- more effective hydration of the body
- prevention of heart attack and stroke
- prevention of cramps during sleep