Water and Beauty
Water intake offers an exceptional number of benefits. Among other things, it helps reduce our bodily weight, it fills us with energy, it maintains the skin’s luminance, it strengthens the bones and it enhances our appearance.
- A healthy skin consists of about 70% water, but it is the last bodily organ that benefits from the body’s intake of water. If your body doesn’t receive an adequate quantity of water, your skin will sense the consequences more than any other bodily organ. Consumption of 6-8 glasses of water daily helps hydrate the skin, leaving it smoother, softer, more flexible, firmer and, of course, prevents the emergence of wrinkles and spots.
- Water doesn’t contain sugar and, therefore, doesn’t harm the teeth, while consumption of 6-8 glasses of water daily preserves the health of your bones, hair and nails.
It is your best ally against weight gain. Because:
- Drinking it makes you feel full, reducing your appetite. At any rate, very often, we confuse the sense of thirst with the sense of hunger, so we are inclined to consume snacks, whereas in fact our body simply needs something to drink.
- Water helps eliminate the extra sodium, which may cause fluid retention.
- It contains zero calories or fats.
- Even mild dehydration may slow down your metabolism by 13%. So, create a daily routine of drinking one glass of water before and during every meal.
- Increase consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables, which, apart from having many benefits for your health, also contain high contents of water and will supplement your daily water intake.